Friday, 30 October 2015

Subordinate Conjunctions

Although
Simple + Extra
Extra + Simple
Although I was exhausted, I still went outside to play.
I still went outside to play, although I was exhausted.

Because
Simple + Extra
Extra + Simple
Because I was sore, I couldn't go to soccer.
I couldn't go to soccer, because I was sore.

Since
Simple + Extra
Extra + Simple
Since I was happy, I thought I would go to the park.
I thought I would go to the park, since I was happy.

Until
Simple + Extra
Extra + Simple
Until I was better, we couldn't go out for dinner.
We couldn't go out for dinner, until I was better.

Whenever
Simple + Extra
Extra + Simple
Whenever I hop on my foot, it hurts my leg.
It hurts my leg, whenever I hop on my foot.
Before
Simple + Extra
Extra + Simple
Before I went to the playground, I put my running shoes on.
I put my running shoes on, before I went to the playground.

After
Simple + Extra
Extra + Simple
After I ran around the block, I got an ice cream.
I got an ice cream, after I ran around the block.

Even Though
Simple + Extra
Extra + Simple
Even though I was supposed to, I didn't do the dishes.
I didn't do the dishes, even though I was supposed to.

Except
Simple + Extra
Extra + Simple
Except I couldn't because it was raining, I really wanted to play outside.

I really wanted to play outside, Except I couldn't because it was raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment